Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Wednesday, July 9, 2008

GCC Award and Baby Kailan Stir Fry (Indian Style)

Yesterday, I received my badge for II place, for my Fruit Stiks recipe in the Kid Friendly Recipes, a Food event conducted by Great Cooks Community.


Very Happy to receive this award and I sincerely thank my Family and Friends, who made me to won this:)

A special THANKS to Singapore Women Community Orkut members:)

Thank you Jill and members of GCC!!!

----------------------------------------

Now moving to today's recipe. Last week I posted Baby Kailan's chinese style recipe. Today, we will see the indian style of cooking it.


Ingredients:
Baby Kailan - 200 gms
Garlic - 3 cloves, finely chopped
Onions - 1, medium sized, finely chopped
Red chilli flakes - 1/2 tablespoon (Grind 1-2 red chillies coarsely)
Curry leaves - few
Salt to taste
Oil - 1/2 tablespoon

Method:
Cut the bottom of the stems and wash the leaves completely. Chop them into small pieces.


Since the leaves are too thick, it takes more time to cook, so steam them or you can put them in a pan, sprinkle little water, cooked it covered for 10 minutes.

Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic, curry leaves, chopped onions and fry for few minutes.

Put the cooked leaves in the pan and keep stirring until all gets mixed well.

Add salt to taste, mix well and cook for 3 minutes.


Delicious and healthy kailan dish is ready to serve with Rice or chappathi.


Baby kailan contains vitamin B12, B6 and calcium. It is a good source of carotenoids. Consume diets rich in carotenoids, which will help to lower the mortality of our body towards chronic diseases. Click here for more information on carotenoids.

Very little oil is used for this recipe and that makes it healthy, so I am submitting this recipe to Healthy Cooking Event hosted by Mansi Desai.


Cooking time : 20-30 minutes
Serves 2 persons

24 Comments:

MJS said...

Congrats Illatharasi!!!!!!!!!!!

Srikitchen said...

hey congrats on ur award vani.. thatz great... to win in a competition. u r rocking! where and when is the treat vani akka

Unknown said...

congrates on your award vani great recipe I never use this vege before now I can start with your recipe

Indian Khana said...

hey congrats for the award....I voted for that (many times heheh) and still pending the fruit stiks to recive from someone !!

notyet100 said...

mornin,..never tried kailan,..sound healthy..chk out rasmalai have posted in todays post,,,thnks again for the recipe...congrats for the badge looks good....

Lakshmi said...

heard about Kailan but have not tried it anytime. Looks like i must go and buy them.

Ramya Bala said...

Congrats Vani...where is the treat?n kailan-ithu namma taste ku iruku..good recipe and very good entry

Deepthi Shankar said...

a very yummy N healthy dish indeed

Deepthi Shankar said...

Thanks for including me in your blogroll

Sujatha said...

Wow! Congrats Vani, for your well deserved award!! I saw your fruit sticks and looks lovely! Indeed a kid friendly recipe.. I also liked your making of baby kailans, the indian way! A new recipe to me..

Unknown said...

congrats on the lovely batch..stir fry looks nice..

Indian Khana said...

Award for your waiting in my blog.

Unknown said...

woooho vani sooo fast yes pesara idli you can use pesarattu batter also mmmmm telugu supper

Illatharasi said...

Thanks JilJil!!

Thanks Sri, where is your address which I asked you;)

Thanks Rekha, try this, its really tasty.

Thanks Priti, You prepare a list of my promises, I will fulfil one be one, becos lot of events onits way ;) LOL!

Thanks Priyanka, I saw our post... very nice bhaji, chutney & rasaalai:)

Thanks Lakshmi, I too hesitated a lot to buy it, but once I stared, this is must in a week for me nowadays....

Thanks Ramya, tell me when you want it ?;)

Thanks VeggiePlate:)

Thanks Suja, try it, very tasty:)

Thanks Sowmi:)

Priti dear, taken my award, will post it tomorrow:)

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Congrats vani. Great Going

Sunshinemom said...

Congrats! I am not sure whether we find it here but it does look familiar. Dish looks good!

FH said...

Congratulations Vani, beautiful badge!Good job!:)
Stir fry looks healthy and yummy, great entry. See you in Sept, enjoy blogging!Hugs to you!:))

kamala said...

Congrats Vani..Never made this..Looks good

Mansi said...

congrats on the win, and thanks so much for sending this recipe for my event Vani!

Madhavi said...

Congratulations Vani :)) Stir fry looks good!!!

Bhawana said...

Congrates for award Illa, enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)

@the_whisk_affair said...

congrats on ur award, vani! and a great entry to healthy cooking too!!

Archy said...

Wow, congrats.. !!
Nice healthy recipe, shall try :)!!

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Valar:)

Thanks Sunshinemom, if you get, do try. Its very tasty:)

Thanks Asha, hug you too. Take care and enjoy your hols:)

Thanks kamala, try it, very tasty:)

Thanks Mansi:)

Thanks Madhavi:)

Thanks Bhawana, do visit often:)

Thanks JZ:)

Thanks Archy, do try and visit often:)