Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Friday, July 25, 2008

Poori and Potato Masala - "Your Recipe Rocks"



Yesterday when I was blogging, I saw Suma's poories. It tempted me so much and I did it last night :)

I followed the same recipe as
here, except that I roll the dough into a big chapathi and cut them into four pieces.

So my poories will be always in 'Triangle' shape. This is my mom's technic of saving time and energy in rolling individual poories ;)


I am sending Poories to “Your Recipe Rocks”, an event hosted by Madhuram.

Thanks Suma for reminding Poories :)

I made potato masala as below:

Ingredients:
Potatoes - 2
Onions - 1, finely chopped
Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Urad dal - 1 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Curry leaves - few
Asafoetida powder - a pinch
Green chillies - 3, cut into small pieces
Coriander leaves - few
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tablespoon


Method:
Wash potatoes and boil them for 10 minutes in microwave. Peel the skin, mash them and allow them to cool.

Heat oil in a pan, once it is hot, allow mustard seeds to splitter in it.

Add urad dal, cumin seeds, asafoetida powder, curry leaves, green chillies, onions and fry until onions are pale.

Then add gnger garlic paste, turmeric powder and fry until raw smell goes off.

Add mashed potatoes and sufficient water for gravy consistency.

Once it comes to boiling stage, add salt and mix well.

Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.

Tasty curry for poories and dosa.

Note:
While cooking potatoes in microwave, add sufficient water so that potatoes are immersed completely in water.


Cooking time - 20-30 minutes
Serves - 2 persons


I am sending Potato Masala to "Curry Mela" an event hosted by Srivalli.

----------------

Srilekha and Sripriya have passed me "MAGIC LAMP". Thank you so much friends. I have already got this and published here.....

.... thanks for sending me LUCK again :)

22 Comments:

Sum Raj said...

wooo yaar...thats a good idea...1 roll and 4 puries..amazing....u rock

Indian Khana said...

Nice idea...triangle puries...and potato masala looks so gud...reminds me of SB's puri masala

Srikitchen said...

potato masala is too good..... i too prepare it in the same way....

notyet100 said...

combo looks yum,,liked the triangle shpe of poori,..quiet creative,,

Beyond Curries said...

That's really an amazing idea Illa. Nice pooris, thank you very much for sending it to the event.

Jaishree Iyer said...

First time here.. puri kilangu superb...as suma said 1 roll 4 puries.. gud idea.. if time permits visit my blog http://jaisrecepieblog.blogspot.com

Sanhita said...

This looks so yum...must tast yummy as well...

Anonymous said...

Good idea on makign 4 poori's..i Jus love pooriess..My favourite..But very weird ,i sledom make it here in SIngpaore as Both my son n Hubby freak on chappathi...
Off i Go To India...i eat lots of poories with potato masala hot off the stove!!!

Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

MJS said...

after looking this I want to have poori&potato masala immediately

Unknown said...

hey nice one..and good idea of saving time while making poories!!!looks yummy

EC said...

Triangle puris looks superb..Just saw poori sabzi on another blog...ur guys are tempting me to make it

Cham said...

Tempting and confort food ! Looks delicious

Unknown said...

looks yummy and delicious...

Sujatha said...

Love your triangle pooris, Vani! I am sure my daughter will love these shapes :) good idea..

Unknown said...

vani now you tempted me puris looks perfect what to do we are very far from each other

Deepthi Shankar said...

thatz a nice technique .. thanks for sharing ..potato curry looks very tempting

Vidhya said...

Hey Illatharasi, this is so good. I like your mom's technique. It really saves time and looks cute. thanks for sharing. BTW there is something for you in my blog. come and check out...

@the_whisk_affair said...

awesome pooris, Vani! its a great idea to roll it into a chapathi and then cutting into quarters....


beautiful entries...

Shreya said...

really love that idea of 1 effort makes 4 puris! cool.. and your puri and potato curry too looks great.. nice entry..

Cooking Station said...

awesome technique of saving time. I will remember this next time I make pooris. My family is a diehard fan of pooris :) and potato masala looks good will have to try this combination.

Illatharasi said...

@ Suma, Priti, Srilekha, Madhuram, Priyanka, Jaishree, Sanhita, Suhee, Jil Jil, Sowmi, EC, Cham, Sripriya, Sujatha, Rekha, VP, Vidhya, JZ, Shreya, Vanamala, Laks - Thanks a lot friends for those encouraging words. My mummy would be very happy to see these comments since it is her technic;)

Sunshinemom said...

Sometimes I really feel we bother too much about the shapes when we can get the best with some common sense!! Your mom did a really good thing:) I have also seen that triangular parathas fill up so well:)