Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ode to FRIENDSHIP - Dont miss to read this:)

My apologies, if you are expecting a poem on friendship. I thought of writing this, along with my recipe post tomorrow, but it is something special, so wanted to mention and share my feelings now itself :)

I just entered home after my evening work-outs, I saw comment from Suhee, that I got an award.... I just went and saw it and was SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. I dont have words to express my feelings.... Its something near to my heart.



Yes, she has given me this 'AWARD of FRIENDSHIP'. I haven't thanked her, but wanted to thank her BIG here:)

Thank you so much Suhee, it meant a LOT to me..... Trust me!!!!!

Now, I have to pass this to my blog friends..... I am little confused and afraid of mentioning the names here, because I got sssssssssssssooooooooooooo many friends now. But wanted to honour a very few, who are very near to my heart in some way.

So others, please please please DONT MISTAKE ME......

Jil Jil
She is my blog friend as well as my very close friend, someone with whom I can share anything, which I am doing now;) Thanks Jil Jil, for being so attentive to me!!!!

Srilekha
She sent 'friend request' to me in Greatcooks blogroll. I went and saw her blog, she had wonderful collection of recipes..... the ones which I miss from my home in India. She started visiting me everyday and started writing personal emails too.... She is too innocent and was asking me one day, how to get the awards. I was really touched and told her the ways..... I am very HAPPY for her that she is getting awards every week:) Thanks Sri for accepting as your friend!!!!

Priyanka
I met her first in orkut. I was really surprised to see her blogging everyday with wonderful recipes, that too having a cute little son. Apart from cooking, she does fabric painting, very creative..... I was amazed of her time management:) And she is the one, who gave my first award, so I can never forget her. When I met her in the Foodies meet...... more than her, I liked her little son, Advay;) .... dont get angry ;)..... Thanks Priyanka:) and I will miss you and Advay from October:(

Lakshmi
I met her too in orkut. She invited me to join in the food contest. It started and when I met her in the meet, I felt that she resembles one of my school friend. I felt very comfortable with her. Thanks Lakshmi for the hospitality you gave, in the meet:)

Priti
I met her first in orkut. I posted in the forum to vote for my recipe, Fruit Stiks. Nearly I got so many votes from them, no one dared to ask me for the icecream, except her;) And till now, she is asking, whenever I request to vote for my recipes... :) I really enjoyed it, because we can't ask everyone like this, but with whom we feel comfortable. Thanks Priti for taking me as your friend:)

Ramya
I cannot recollect how it started, but one person from whom I can expect a comment everyday :) Thanks Ramya for your valuable comments:) Do continue your visit and I will also bug you everyday;)

JZ
I met her in Great cooks blogroll. Because of her sign 'JZ' I thought she would be an american. After my visit to her blog, I realized that she is from south India. I got fascinated by her recipes, especially her presentation skill. Thanks JZ for being my friend and continue your creativity:)

Hetal
I met her in Great cooks blogroll. It started with the food contest and we both were competing each other. More than me, my family and friends wanted me to win. I guess it would be the same for her too, since she was getting so many votes:) Thanks Hetal, I really enjoyed the competition with you and do visit me when you find time:)

Srividhya
I liked her blog name very much, she was writing on that name and recently revealed her name to me, and I was so happy:) She used to visit my hubby's blog and I used to check her blog and adore her writing skills. Many subjects which she wrote, really fascinated me. Thanks Srividhya for being my friend:)

Last but not the least.....

Suhee
She first commented on my blog and I checked her blog. She has a very interesting blog and it shows that she is a loving mother, writes her experiences with her son, Yuvan. I gave her an award, unknowingly on her birthday. She was very happy and more than her, I was happy, since I gave it on her birthday. Because, it would be so special to get, even a small chocolate on our birthday. And ..... till now our friendship continues..... :)

Thank you so much Suhee, for giving me an opportunity to write about my friends:) I feel very happy today.

Well...... I am not going to inform anyone about this award. Let me see, who visit first and get their award ....... ;)

29 Comments:

notyet100 said...

thanks alotz,..was out whole day...saw ur post now,..thanks alot...

notyet100 said...

ya back in acion now,,,thinking what to psot so mny opendin posts,..thanks again for both the awrds,..nd for nice words,..wboth of us willmiss u too...

kamala said...

Congrats on UR Awards !!!

Prema Sundar said...

First time on ur blog.. nice posts.. congrats on ur awards.

FH said...

Nobody is here yet to pick up the award but just few of us! ;D

Enjoy the award. I just found your blog few days ago!:)

Sujatha said...

Nice post, Vani! Congrats for all your awards! Enjoy your day :)

Madhavi said...

Congratulations on ur award :))

@the_whisk_affair said...

hehe, i guess i found ur post myself!! thanks a lot vani, for considering me ur friend!!! love ya!

Sunshinemom said...

I could almost feel your feeling:) Congrats to you and all the others!

@the_whisk_affair said...

i thought i left a message earlier, anyways, once again thanks a lot vani, for the award, i really appreciate it! its good to know that u consider me a friend!!

Kalai said...

Congrats on the award, Vani!! :)

Unknown said...

U have a lovely blog..love ur tamil posts..congrats on ur awards..

Unknown said...

lovely post full of warmth..

Lakshmi said...

Woooowie..Congratulations! It is a very touchy post. I am soooo happy to see my name on that friend list. Thank you so much. A big hug to you. Your friendship means a lot for me too.

MJS said...

வாழ்த்துக்கள் இல்லத்தரசி !!!!!!! அவார்டுகளைப் போடவே தனியாக இடம் வேண்டும் போல் இருக்கிறதே.... மேலும் பல அவார்டுகளை வாங்கி குவிக்க வாழ்த்துக்கள் !!!!!!!!!

எனக்கு "Award of Friendship" தந்ததற்கு மிக்க நன்றி!!!!!! உங்களது நெருங்கிய தோழியாக இருப்பது மிக்க மகிழ்ச்சி.

Indian Khana said...

R u kidding? I never expected my name in the list...I'm so touched! Thanks a lot ..And please do you have to really mention in each post tht I ask for the food :-(...hehehe

Illatharasi said...

@ Notyet100, my pleasure, take care of your health too:)

@ Thanks Kamala, do visit often:) ... coming to your blog shortly;)

@ Thanks Prema, do visit often:) ... coming to your blog shortly;)

@ Thanks Asha, many of them are in Singapore/India. Hope they might be sleeping....;)

@ Thanks Sujatha, do visit often:)

@ Thanks Madhavi, you too one of my best blog friends :)

@ Thanks JZ, me too love you and your blog;)

@ Thanks Sunshinemom for your comments :)

@ Thanks Kalai:)

@ Thank Divya, do visit often:)

@ Thanks Sowmya, you too one of my best blog friends :)

@ Thanks LG, me too hugging back;)

Illatharasi said...

மிக்க நன்றி Jil Jil! எனக்கும் உங்கள் தோழியாக இருப்பது மகிழ்ச்சி..... ராஜா காலத்துல பேசறது மாதிரி இருக்கு..... நம்ம டமில சொல்றேன்.... ரொம்ப தாங்க்ஸ் ......!!!!

Illatharasi said...

@ Prit, no i am serious..... I am very happy that you asked me... we cant do it with everyone.... :) Unless you are comfortable;) so thanks for taking me as your friend:)

Indian Khana said...

Ahh atlast some gud words abt me ..heheh...
And the award come back to U...check my blog

Unknown said...

wow great vani and congrates on your awards They are so lucky that they have a friend like you

MJS said...

check out my blog dear....

notyet100 said...

i invite u tomy blog ,..to collect ur awards,..

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Congrats vani and others for that beautiful lovely award

Srikitchen said...

wow.. vani.. really very happy today to see my name in ur friends list! thak u so much of thinking me while u list ur friends name!
i was not feeling well from yesterday. so i dint browse today morning. just now i got little energy and started to browse and had a visit to ur blog first
really i didn't expect this from u.. surprise shock pa! happy to have u as my friend vani

renuka said...

Hi,just hopped into your a great one and such a touching post.Congrats and enjoy them

தமிழினி..... said...

Wow...Thanks for your words....Ovvoru award kedaikkum bodhum poruppu adhigamaaguradhoda neraiya sandhoshamum serndhukkudhu......Romba nandri Illatharasi...Singapore vandhaa kandippa unga veetula vandhu saapidanum.....varalaama???..hehehehhe....
-Srividhya(Tamizhini)

Hetal said...

OMG....so many awards,Congrats to you dear and thanks for passing such a wonderful award to me,it really means s lot to me..

Illatharasi said...

@ Thanks Rekha, Valar, Srilekha, Srividhya, Hetal!

@ Renuka, thanks for passing by my blog:) Do visit often.