Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fruit Stik - Kid Friendly Cooking

This dessert was posted for the event : Great Cooks Community: Kid Friendly Recipes!!!



Kids can do it!!!


Ingredients:
Ripe Mango - 1 cup, cut into small pieces
Apple - 1 cup, cut into small pieces
Chikku (Sapodilla/Sapota) - 1 cup, cut into small pieces
Jelly - 1/2 cup (I used Nata De Coco)
Mango Juice - 2-3 cups
Plastic Flexi tumblers - as required
Ice sticks - as required




Method:
Wash fruits, peel off the skin and cut into tiny pieces. We can use any fruit of our choice, I used these three since I had them at home ;)

Wash the flexi tumblers and add jelly first and then the fruits one after the other.

Pour mango juice to it, so that all sets well.

Insert stick in each of the tumblers. Put them in freezer for 4-5 hours. I kept over night.

Yummy fruit stiks are ready.

Preparation time : 30 minutes
Makes 5-6 sticks

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, the recipe sounds interesting..did u use fresh sapota or does it come in cans?

Illatharasi said...

Hi Jz, Thanks for the visit. I used fresh sapota:-)

Prajusha said...

hi this looks simple and easy to make.great entry

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Prajusha!
I wuld glad if you can vote for this recipe @ http://www.greatcooksblogroll.com/group/greatcookscountyfair

LuckyMurari said...

I would love to try this as I am a great fan of Sapota!

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Lucky!!!
My favourite is also Sapota....:)

@the_whisk_affair said...

i am also a big fan of sapota, but i guess we cant get it in US! :-(

all the best for ur event! looks like its b/w the highest two contenders! :-)

Illatharasi said...

Yeah, me too JZ. You can come to Singapore, I can give you ;)

Thanks JZ, all the best for you too :)

Solai Chidambaram said...

Yummy it looks.Easy way to give fruits to children who dont like to have it otherwise

Illatharasi said...

Yeah Solai, it is a good way to make them eat.... they love desserts more than fruits... so this is two in one ;)

Anisheetu said...

Wonderful idea!! i love it...

Sunshinemom said...

I somehow missed these, Vani! So easy and nice too:)