Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Krishna Jayanthi Celebrations

This time, Krishna Jayanthi was very simple for me, as we planned for outing. So quickly made a sweet and savoury for the festival.

1) Gulab Jamuns using MTR Mix



I just changed the shapes to oval, instead of round ones ;)
Check out for the recipe in the link - Click on "Gulab Jamun"


2) Murukku


Check out the recipe here. I followed the same recipe except, I skipped cumin seeds this time.

17 Comments:

Vidhya said...

yummy murukku and jamuns. I love jamuns. This time i didn't make anything cos the leftovers from varalakshmi viratham like 7 cups cake, kaara boondhi, murukku, and ribbon pakoda were sitting on my counter top. So only butter, milk and avil for krishnar this year. Only thing made me happy was, my girls put krishnar paadham

Usha said...

Both of these look delicious...:)

notyet100 said...

everythin lookin good,..tc,..

Ivy said...

Would you believe that we have exactuly the same dessert as Gulab Jamuns. We call it loukoumas in Greek and it is similar to doughnuts.
Check it out and tell me if they are
http://kopiaste.org/2008/04/loukoumades-kypriakoi-doughnuts/

Srikitchen said...

wow1 kalakurey vani!

Unknown said...

They look too good..

Sum Raj said...

they looks beautiful

Unknown said...

nice idea to shape them into a oval one...have one packet of mtr..will make it soon..hope you are havinga great time with your nephew!!

Vidhya said...

HI vani, an award waiting for you in my blog. please check out.

Indian Khana said...

Wow...the jamuns looking so gud...when we make jamun with potato then use oval shape for it...it's looks just yummy...and muruku reminding me of our meet and the lovely muruku....hope to meet soon again :)
Great to knw u r having fun..enjoy gal

MJS said...

Yummy Jamuns and delicious murukku!!!!

Venkatesh said...

Tempting gulab jamuns...u could send this over to purva's event Krishnajayanti-Ganesh chaturthi festival event

Shri said...

Love your murukku ...looks so perfect.

Lakshmi said...

Goodies look yumm ;)

Srivalli said...

lovely treats!

Anonymous said...

Great entries... I love gulab jamuns

Sunshinemom said...

Murukku looks tempting - my mom is sending me some kai murukku soon:)