Many of my blogger friends are thinking, what happened to me.... no visits to their blogs...
SORRY friends, We are looking for a new house and shifting in couple of months. My brother is visiting me with his family this weekend. So busy in looking for houses and making arrangements for his trip. I am visiting your blogs, but not leaving any comments... Please excuse me.... Will start bugging you all once I settle down. Keep Encouraging me till then :)
Now to the recipe......
Was breaking my head what to do for this Saffron Green White Event hosted by Pooja.
And finally ended up with this new idea;)
I followed Solai's Spongy idli recipe. Read her blog for the complete process here .
Boiled Rice - 4 cups
Urad dal - 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Ghee/Oil - few drops
For Orange Idlies:
Grated carrot : 1/4 cup
Red chilli - 1
For green idlies:
Coriander leaves - few
Mint leaves - 4-5
Green chilli - 1
Soak rice in water for 2-3 hours.
For soft idlies, soak dal in water for 45 mintues, before you are ready to grind.
Grind them seperately and mix them with salt and water, if required.
Ferment it for 8 hours or leave the dough overnite, so that it is perfect for the mornings.
Grind the ingredients of orange idlies and mix it with 1 cup of dough (This makes 5-6 mini idlies).
Similarly grind the ingredients of green idlies and mix with 1 cup of dough.
Apply oil/ghee to the idli plates and add dough to them.
Steam them for 10-15 minutes.
Colourful, soft and tasty idlies are ready.
Serve hot with chutney.
Cooking time - 20 minutes
Serves - 4-5 persons
I was tagged by Vidhya .......
(a) List these rules on your blog.
(b) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
(c) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
7 Facts about me.
1. WORK: Was working for the past 9 years and became a full time home-maker, beginning this year.
2. EDUCATION: Physics graduate and Masters in Public Administration and Computer Applications
3. FRIENDSHIP: Love all my friends... Got lot of friends from this blogosphere. Started loving blogging because of them.
4. RELATIONSHIP: Dating with same person for the past 5 years, from the day I met him .... he he .... My HUBBY:)
5. WWW: Knew about it from college days. Without this there is nothing, I would say :)
6. FITNESS: Difficult to say;).... Trying to keep it.... but Too lazy at times ;)
7. DREAM: To visit USA ;)
Tagging 7 of my friends :
Enjoy and pass it ON.....
Lakshmi has passed me "BRILLIANT WEBLOG" award.
Thanks Laks for your thoughtfulness:)