Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Thursday, July 24, 2008

Elumichai Saadam (Lemon Rice)



Like Priti has mentioned earlier in her blog, I too wanted to submit my entry for the event, MBP - Less is More!, because of its lovely picture:)

I got inspired by this picture:) Cheers to Nupur or whoever has designed it !!!! :)

This MBP event was started by
Coffee, and for this month, it is hosted by Nupur.

I decided to try a simple one from other fellow bloggers. I came across
Niya's Lemon Rice.

So presenting mine below, with minor additions:


Ingredients :

Lemon Juice - 2 tablespoons, with added salt to taste (salt will reduce sourness of lemon)

Cooked rice - 3-4 cups

Chopped Onions (optional) - 1, medium sized

Tempering ingredients - (Oil, mustard seeds, Urad dal, Channa dal, cumin seeds, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, Curry leaves, Green / Red chillies - as required)

Garnishing ingredients (optional) - Fried Cashews / Fried groundnuts / Fried ginger pieces / Chopped coriander leaves

Method:
Heat oil in a pan, and allow mustard seeds to splitter.

Add urad dal, channa dal, asafoetida powder, curry leaves, green chillies, turmeric powder and fry for a minute.

Then add chopped onions and fry until they are golden brown.

Add cooked rice, lemon juice with salt and mix well for few minutes.

Garnish with cashews and coriander leaves and serve hot.



A quick and tasty lemon rice is ready!!!

Cooking time - 15 minutes
Serves 2-3 persons.

37 Comments:

Indian Khana said...

Trust me I have never seen Lemon Rice in this colour..always it's been in yellow colour...this looks very nice and liked your presentation for each item...kinda cute...gud entry

Illatharasi said...

I know you will NEVER see anything properly ;)

Anyway thanks, colour is like that since I used very less turmeric powder:)

Indian Khana said...

And what does that mean???

Illatharasi said...

OH MY GOD... Now I have to teach you ENGLISH too ;)

Do some work at office :D

Indian Khana said...

So when shall we start the class?? No fee rite? ;)

Illatharasi said...

Right now, before it goes worse! DOUBLE or TRIPLE fee for you ;)

Unknown said...

nice one..love the presentation of the whole post!!!

Srikitchen said...

u have a surprise in my blog!

notyet100 said...

LOVELY PRESENTATION VERY CREATIVE INDEED,..ND LIKED THE RECIPE OF LEMON RICE TOO,..ONE OF MY FAV,..GREAT JOB ,.THNKS FOR SHARIN,.;-)

Divya Kudua said...

Lovely lemon rice and great presentation..sorry to peep,but I loved the conversation between you and Priti;-)

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Sowmi & Priyanka:) I am blushing ;)

Thanks Sri, I commented on your blog;)

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Divya! No worries.... we are like that .... pulling each others legs ;) Its FUN;) Priti is a wondeful person.... met her in this blog world, but now like a sister to me :)

Unknown said...

vani realy your final pic brings a smile on my face it's a new version will try this lemon rice is all time fav for me in any version and that leaf by leaf ingredients great idea

Cooking Station said...

Lemon rice...I am all ready with a plate in hand. When will you be filling it? ehehehee...looks nice esp the Kaju and Coriander dressing is giving it a fab look..

Niya prakash said...

Hi Illatharasi,

Thanks a lot...

Cheers

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Rekha, now your comments gave a smile on my face ;)

Thanks Laks, hold your plate, I did fill already ;) .... tell me when you want ?

You are welcome Niya:)

Tech Shankar said...



Hi. Here is the video for how to make lemon rice.



Thanks Dude

Indian Khana said...

Divya, no problem...keep peeping..if you want to join us..most welcome :)

Anisheetu said...

Nice post dear and I love the presentation of the Lemon rice....

Unknown said...

no vani visehalu yeme levu goin for a vecation next month to india so I want to finish dals and some things ledu ante purugu vastundi chala rojulu vundanu kada if they are in pak then no problem

Sunshinemom said...

Vani, visiting after sometime as my net at home is disrupted again! Love the way you have shown the ingredients! My neighbour waits for the day after pongal when we make kalanda chaadams because she knows I will make this and they just love this! I love this too:)

Veda said...

this is really good way of presenting it....i liked that 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 way of showing the ingredients!

Nupur said...

Thank you for the entry! Yes, I did design the logo myself.

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Vijay for the visit and the video link:) Will try the other way too :) Do visit often!

Thanks Sheetal!

Thanks Rekha, i was kidding, me too do the same;) Have a nice trip... will miss you:)

Thanks Harini, no probs and I am glad that net issues are resolved:)

Thanks Veda:) that is becos of Nupur's inspiration;)

Thanks Nupur.... Great job!

Unknown said...

no problem vani sorry Itempted you he he he I am going to india on10 aug vani I am in abudhabi now in india bangalore

Medhaa said...

Love the presentation and the smile on te lemon rice its so cute. Nice One

Shreya said...

nice lemon rice.. yeah i use lots of turmeric to make it yellow.. this looks different, but looks yummy too. Great entry

Shreya said...

nice lemon rice.. yeah i use lots of turmeric to make it yellow.. this looks different, but looks yummy too. Great entry

ranji said...

nothing can go wrong here..simple and colorful tangy lemon rice...quick and easy...my fav :)..looks delicious..

MJS said...

You are a woman of creativity... like your creativities....

Unknown said...

well even though it is simple recipee it looks well presented & looks palatable.makes me feel at home in chennai. an 'A' for the presentation.
well i have something homely in my blog. check that please.

Bhawana said...

Illa I liked the way u posted it. Text on small leaves. Good one. After coming to bangalore I love lemon rice.

Cham said...

Simple and easy confort food :) Great entry!

kamala said...

Nice color and presentation Vani...Great creation

Madhavi said...

Love lemon rice, look good and nice smiley face :)))

Ramya Bala said...

Priti sonna madri ihave never seen lemon rice in this color..romba tempting and beautiful presentation dear

Sum Raj said...

looks nice with a smile....great entry