Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Monday, August 17, 2009

Baby Corn Manchuria and Awards


Was busy creating a blog for Thaswika. Its in process and hang on until I complete :)
I made this baby corn manchuria last week, since my MIL loves it.

Here goes the recipe.....

Ingredients:

For Deep frying:
Baby corn - 10-12, cut into small pieces
Maida or all purpose flour - 1 tablespoon
Corn flour - 1 tablespoon
Split chickpeas powder (Kadalai mavu/Besan) - 1 tablespoon
Chilli powder - 1-2 teaspoons or Green Chilli paste - 1-2 teaspoons or pepper powder - 1-2 teaspoons
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Milk - 1/4 cup
Garam masala powder - a pinch
Oil for deep fry

For Saute:
Onions - 1 medium sized, finely chopped
Capsicum - 1, chopped
spring onions - A bunch, chopped
Green chillies - 2-3 cut into 2 slices
Garlic - 2-3 cloves finely chopped
Tomato sauce - 2 tablespoons
Chilli Garlic sauce - 2 tablespoons
Butter/Ghee/Oil - 1-2 teaspoons
Salt a pinch
Coriander leaves - few

Method:
Deep Fry:

Boil 4 cups of water with little salt. Wash baby corn, cut into pieces and soak in boiling water for 15-20 minutes.

Mix maida, corn flour, chickpeas powder, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, salt in little milk to make a thick paste.

Drain water completely from soaked pieces. Toss the pieces in the paste.

Heat Oil in a pan and deep fry until they are crispy. Keep them aside.

Note:
Broken Corn flakes or bread crumbs can also be added to the paste, so that it will be more cripsy.


Saute:
Heat oil. Add chopped garlic, onions, green chillies and fry until onions are golden brown.

Then add capsicum and fry until they are cooked. Add spring onions and salt to taste.

Add tomato sauce, chilli garlic sauce and saute it for 1-2 minutes until all gets mixed well.

Then add fried baby corn pieces and toss them well. Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve hot.


Cooking time : 45 minutes
Serves for 3-4 persons



--------------------------------------

Now to the awards:

Shama and Sashi passed me with "Kreativ Blogger" award.

Priti showered me with "Kreative Blogger Award", "I love your Blog Award" and "One Lovely Blog Award".



Thank you so much friends:) It really boosts me UP!!!

The Kreativ Blogger award are having some rules …

You must thank the person who has given you the award.
Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated


I pass these awards to 7 creative bloggers and I love their blogs.
Enjoy Friends. Ignore if you have already received it and published about yourself.

So 7 things about myself.. Already published this, doing it again with small changes.....

- Native of Chennai, India, presently staying in Singapore for the past 4 years.
- Physics graduate and Masters in Public Administration & Computer Applications.
- Have 9+ years of IT experience and currently a full time home maker.
- Like to do creative things, Surfing, Blogging, Music, Reading, trying new recipes.
- Have so many good friends .... Love them all..... Life is EMPTY without them.
- My favourites are Lavender colour, Jasmine smell, Raw mangoes with salt and chilli powder ;), Ice Lemon tea, Crunchy bites from KFC ;), Love to explore new places, and many more.... whatever came to my mind, I have mentioned.
- Trustworthy, Friendly, Very possessive especially towards my hubby:), Can't take when loved ones lie or ditch me, Tense up quickly.

And here are the answers for the tag I received from Priti:

What is your current obsession?
Taking good care of my little angel, Thaswika

What are you wearing today?
White and Blue nighty

What’s for dinner?
Fish curry and prawn gravy (Leftovers from yesterday ;) he he)

What’s the last thing you bought?
Big knife for cutting pizza

What are you listening to right now?
Tamil lullaby songs

What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Lovely person, we shared a lot .... now become busy as she got married and I got my little angel. Again we started recently:)

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Singapore

What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Sun screen lotion, cotton clothes, cap, coolers

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Tioman islands, Malaysia

Which language do you want to learn?
Mandarin and French

What’s your favourite quote?
Write your bad things on water, Write your good things on stone - My dear friend Rev, told me this recently when I was so depressed....

Who do you want to meet right now?
Shah rukh Khan - just to tell him not to worry ;)

What is your favourite colour?
Lavender

What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
My black pants, few nice tops given by my hubby and my dad.

What is your dream job?
Own a company

What’s your favourite magazine?
Champak, Chandamama, Gokulam, Tinkle and many more ......

If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Buy some clips, earrings, etc.... long time I haven't bought any ;)

What do you consider a fashion faux pas? (faux pas mean error in etiquette.. )
Wrong dress for a wrong place

Who are your style icons?
As of now, none

Describe your personal style.?
Simple

What are you going to do after this?
Cooking

What are your favourite movies?
Mozhi, Taare Zameen par, Black, Swadesh, Kal ho naa ho, Alvin and chipmunks, Bommarillu, Pasanga ....... keeps changing

What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
Compact, Perfumes (any good one), Maybelline Rose Jam Lip colour

What inspires you?
Encouragement, soothing words

Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
Be simple, good for our health and expenditure ;)

What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
Buy new ones

Coffee or tea?
Mostly coffee, sometimes Tea

What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Read books that change my mood, if not cry ;)

What is the meaning of your name?
Saraswathi - Goddess of knowledge

Which other blogs you love visiting?
So many can't list....

Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Gulab jamun, rasamalai, Milk Khoa

What's the best feeling?
Motherhood

Who do you love most and why ?
Of course my hubby and he started sharing with my little angel too. I love him because I love him, this is what I say when he asks WHY I LOVE HIM ;).... he he

Reason(s) for you to blog?
Changes my mood, interesting and keeps me busy.

19 Comments:

Shama Nagarajan said...

nice read about you.....congrats dear.....thank you for passing it to u...

Unknown said...

wow.. looks really tempting.. delicious...

Sailaja Damodaran said...

congrats & thanks...nice to know about u...

Indian Khana said...

Manchurian looks too gud and nice pic...congrats on ur award and fun reading your meme...few of our answer r same..as u said we share same thing too :).thanks for the kind words for me :P

Vidhya said...

congrats vani on your awards and good to know more about you:). BTW I love this baby corn manchuria...

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Hi the manchurian looks so yummy and mouthwatering .. Nice click as well. Congrats on ur award and good to know more abt u.. hey me too from singapore where are u in singapore.. 4 yrs i was in singapore only ... now in US.. where are u ..keep in touch .. mail me when possible dear..

Sashi said...

Congrats Vani !! It's nice to read about you. Manchurian looks delicious !! Thanks for sharing it with me. :)

Nithya said...

Super baby corn manchurian. yummy it looks. Lovely photography too..

Guess I am here for the first time and happy to know loads about you right at the first glance. keep it going. you have a lovely blog.


Do take a peep into my blogs when you find time.

Nithya

Lakshmi said...

manchurian looks tempting Vani. I am all eyes to see Thaswika's blog :)

Priya Suresh said...

Gorgeous Manchurian and great to know more about u Vani..How is ur little angel?

Chitra said...

I love that manchurian...Pass it over, congrats on ur awards and thanks a lot for passing it to me :)

Illatharasi said...

Thank you friends:)

@ LG, wait for few more days ;)

@ Priya, she is fine, started smiling and recognizing me and my hubby.

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Congrats Vani and thanks for passing me the award. Nice to know more about u. And Manchurian looks delicious. Nice click.

PriyaRaj said...

Wow ur baby corn manjurian looks very yummy ......Congrats on ur award......

Sailaja Damodaran said...

congrats accept your award from http://www.sailajakitchen.com/

Vikis Kitchen said...

You have a wonderful blog dear. First time here and I really felt at home . Thanks for this nice creation, ...every one love their state cuisine and me too:)
Baby corn manchurian tempts me a lot.
Enjoyed reading ur meme .

Illatharasi said...

hi viki, welcome. Thanks 4 those words, appreciate it.

Faiza Ali said...

The baby corn Munchurian looks inviting and moth watering and lovely photos. I am first time here on your blog. Will visit regularly for sure :)

notyet100 said...

glad to more of u,..:-)