Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cauliflower Stir Fry


Cauliflower has high content of vitamin C. It is a low carbohydrate veggie with minerals like potassium, phosphorus and magnesium in it. This is a simple dish of cauliflower.

Ingredients:
Cauliflower - 1
Onions - 2, medium sized, finely chopped
Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
Green chillies - 3, cut into halves
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves - few
Garam Masala - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seed powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Water - 3 cups

Method:
Cut cauliflower into small florets. Wash them and keep aside.

Boil 3 cups of water, add some salt to it and switch off the flame. Put the florets in it and keep it closed for 10-15 minutes. Wash them in cold water if required.

Drain water and keep on kitchen towel, so that no water is present.

Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these florets, until they are half-cooked and turn light brown. Keep them on kitchen towel to strain oil.

Heat another pan, add 1 teaspoon of oil. Add chopped garlic, onions, green chillies, curry leaves and toss them until onions turn golden brown.

Add fried cauliflower florets, garam masala, cumin seeds powder, salt to taste and mix them well. Let it cook for 10 mintues.

Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chappathi.


Cooking time - 30 minutes
Serves 3-4 persons


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Awards Time :-)

Thanks to all the fellow bloggers who brings joy to other bloggers. These awards might be a small thing for many, but it is fun and gives lot of encouragement and happiness to people like me :)

Thanks to the GOOD HEARTS (JZ, Madhavi & Srilekha) who passed it on to me!!!!

Madhavi gave me a "Blogging with a purpose" award.

I am very happy to pass this to :

Priyanka
Lakshmi
Mansi
Priti
Jenn

and

JZ and Srilekha gave me "Yummy blog Award". I am getting this for the third time and I have the same feeling that I had, when I got it for the first time. Check out my choice of sweet dishes in my previous post.


And I am happily passing it to :

Valarmathi
Sunshinemom
Sagari
Kalva

Congrats everyone!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, I received one more surprise from Foodbuzz via mail....

They have sent me an awesome 100% cotton fabric Tote and personalised badges. Check out the pictures below.




Thank you Foodbuzz!!!

Those who want to join Foodbuzz publisher program, please click below to join. Dont forget to mention my name as Referral ;-) The Foodbuzz Team will contact you ASAP!!!

Click to Join Foodbuzz

or write to Shannon with the following information:

Full name:
Full name of referral: Vani, (http://illatharasi.blogspot.com/)
Title of your blog:
Url:
Preferred email (or phone number):
Current Advertising program (if any):
Estimated Monthly Page Views (if you know):

Join and have fun!!!!

23 Comments:

Priti said...

Gobi Fry looks yummy and healthy, gud recipe. Congrats for all awards you deserve them.
And hey I tot my award is going to be kachori...and wow I got kachori plus one more award :-)..Thanks dear ..I'll collect it soon..and lovely bag...looks colorful...

Mrs.SriLekha said...

nice recipe ani and congrats for ur awards

Illatharasi said...

:-) Priti, I knew you will write this;) Kachori is there, dont worry, you tell me when you want it.

Thanks for your quick comment:)

Mansi Desai said...

congrats on your award, and thanks for passing it to me!

Priti said...

hehehe ;) sure we will plan for one day ..

RamyaBala said...

dear,i have a cauliflower at home,n have given me a nice recipe :)Thank u..n chk my blog again,yet another award

Valarmathi said...

Thanks dear for passing the award and congrats for your awards you got. Good looking bag.

Sunshinemom said...

I love gobi too, and this stir fry is husband's speciality without onions:) Congrats on your awards and thanks for passing on the Yummy Blog Award to me:) Loved knowing your other side on the other blog:)

LG said...

Vani..that cauliflower dish looks so yum. Congratulations on the award. Thanks for passing it to me.

Suhee said...

I like this kind off friesa lot..will try!!
Btw..go chk my blog..I have something for u there..

KALVA said...

Hey Congrats on all the awards.. Thanks for passing the Yummy Blog Award dear... I am all elated now..!

easycrafts said...

Nice dish and gifts from Foodbuzz...did u get them for referrals ??

Asha said...

Love Gobi dishes anytime, looks yum Vani!:))

Enjoy all the awards, hugs! Cool bag, love it.

Maheswari said...

Happy to let you know about AFAM.Aug'08 and Sep'08 are open and from Feb'09 everything is open.Let me know when you will be able to host this.

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

Thank you so much for the award! I really appreciate it - it made me smile so much! :)

Aren't the Foodbuzz bags AWESOME?! I love mine! :)

Maheswari said...

Hi

A bit correction about the months.Sept' 08 is free for AFAM and From Feb'09 is free.Do let me know when you will be able to host it.

Nithu said...

First, congrats on ur awards. Cauliflower looks yummy.

Bhawana said...

Hi Illa, believe me today I cooked cauliflower vegetable, going to post in my blog soon. Looking very tasty :).

notyet100 said...

thnks yar...did nite mai,..was not able to sleep...so spent time on header,..good toknw u liked it,..

Illatharasi said...

@ Srilekha, thanks dear.

@ Mansi, thanks yaar:)

@ Ramya, thank you so much dear:)

@ Valar, thanks.Yeah bag was nice:)

@ Sunshinemom, thanks for your nice comments and visit to my blog too:)

@ LG, thanks dear:)

@ Suhee, thank you so much, you made my day :)

@ Kalva, you deserve it, thanks:)

@ Easycrafts, thanks for the comments. It was a summer gift from them:)

@ Asha, thanks dear, do visit often:)

@ Maheswari, thanks. Sep is also fine for me:)

@ Jenn, thank you. You really deserve it..... :) Bag was awesome, I liked the badges too :)

@ Nithu, thanks:) Do visit often.

@ Bhawana, thanks. I will check your blog :)

@ Notyet100, uuuuaaaa, take care dear:)

Maheswari said...

Hi

I will update the list, you as Sept' o8 host.Thanks for hosting it.Nothing much as rules.Just select a fruit of your choice and annouce it on the first day of sept.Check my site for the list of fruits already taken up.I have listed on the side bar.

Vidhya Iyer said...

Even I got mine last week. It really is a wonderful surprise from foodbuzz

crispus said...

Hi there!
searching for some cauliflower recipe & happened here. Your recipe sounds simple and the pic's delish lookin!
Im gonna try this one right away!
Have a fab day!